Jenny's Sweet Hands
|Posted on June 19, 2020 at 10:35 AM|
Pistachio layered cake.
It's never enough
And the cream, yummm it melts in your mouth like crazy. You will probably be like Homer Simpsons when eating donuts, if you have a bite of this.
It's actually one of my favourite recipes. I had it from my beloved Father in law, his cakes are the best!
I made the same recipie for my birthday and my mum's birthday, however I have made few changes on my own.
It's such an easy recipe and it doesn't consume much time.
This is probably going to be your everyday to go recipe.
Let's have a look together on how to get it done.
What you will need for this recipe:
- 350g caster sugar
- 350g butter
- 350g self raising flour
- 6 Eggs
- Bag of nuts
- 4 tbs of instant coffee.
The butter will be enough for 2 round (23cm) or 2 loaf cakes.
You can use any type of nuts, I tired it with walnuts and pistachio, It was amazing for both!
What you need to do the batter:
- Mix the coffee in cup with a little bit of hot water and leave it to cool down.
- Preheat the oven 180C°.
- With the electric whisk, mix the butter and suger. Once you have a nice creamy mixture add the eggs one by one.
- Pour in the flour and mix together, ( in case you're using all purpose flour, make sure to siff in the flour and 4 tsp of baking powder together) .
- Add the coffee mix and then the nuts and mix them all together.
- Pour in the mix in 2 tins, Place them in the oven for about 30 to 40mn
- 300g butter
- 600g icing sugar
- aroma or coffee mix
- 1tsp of heavy cream.
- Mix the butter and sugar together using an electric whisk
- Add heavy cream after 5 minute of mixing.
- Once you have your butter ready add the coffee or aroma and mix again.
In the end, you have your cake ready, you butter cream done, all that you need to do now is decorate it as you desire.
I have also made tiny cakes
Enjoy, And wish me a Happy birthday as it's my birthday today!